If we learned one thing from the Bush years, it’s that incessant fantasizing about the gory death of the monster in the White House (or in this case, the monster-elect) does little to mitigate said monster’s impact on the world. Here are a few suggestions for more productive avenues for our energy.
- Give money to any of the many causes that are certain to be harmed by the monster-elect. This would include anyone not white, male, and immorally wealthy.
- It’s a great time to get out into nature. First because nature is a kick-ass stress-reliever. Second because we will not have it for much longer.
- If you have a kid, enroll them in some kind of apocalyptic survival camp.
- In the fine tradition of the Reagan years: start a punk band.
- Writer friends: Keep writing! Scathing political satire seems appropriate, but if you prefer escapist fluff, that’s good too. Market outlook for escapist fluff appears strong for at least the next four years.